After a cremation, it’s important to remember there’s no rush in deciding what do with the cremated remains and you may wish to discuss the options with your family first.
M L Williams Funeral Directors can also provide you with information and guidance on Crematoria, cremations and cremated remains options in Ayr, Ayrshire and surrounding areas.
Scattering them in a special place is popular but they can also be buried in a family grave or kept at home in a specially designed cremation urn. If you’re scattering the remains on private land, such as a cricket ground or if it adjoins a waterway, you’ll need to contact the site’s owners for permission first.
In addition, there are increasingly imaginative ways to remember a person’s life through their cremated remains including:
- Having the remains incorporated into one or more pieces of jewellery
- Released into the atmosphere in a biodegradable balloon
- Mixing the remains with concrete to form artificial reef modules and placed on reefs requiring help
- Making a bronze and glass memorial urn that doubles as a time capsule
- Incorporating them into memorial fireworks
Please feel free to contact M L Williams Funeral Directors for more advice on the legal requirements and possibilities available.